Brownie Cupcakes with Big Dipper Cookie Dough Frosting
- 4 ounces unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (94g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
Step 2: Line 12 muffin tins with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 3: Melt the chopped chocolate and sliced butter together in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth and combined and allow to slightly cool.
Step 4: Stir into the chocolate mixture sugar, then vanilla.
Step 5: Add in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition
Step 6: Mix in flour and salt.
Step 7: Pour batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 20-23 minutes. Mine took 22 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center will have moist crumbs. Be careful not to overbake the cupcakes.
Step 8: Frost with cold Rocket Chip and enjoy it!