Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake
Cake gets even better when you add your favorite edible cookie dough. For this weeks recipe we are making our favorite vanilla cake and adding an extra sweet surprise of dough!
- 1 Pint Rocket Chip Cookie Dough
- 3 and 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- And buttercream icing. (We used store bought this time around, but feel free to use your favorite homemade recipes!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease your cake pan or pans.
- Whisk the cake flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the 4 eggs, and vanilla extract on high speed until combined, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into cake pan/pans and bake for around 23-26 minutes or until the cakes are baked through.
- Let cool for 30-60 minutes and remove from pan/pans.
- Layer a baking sheet or your cake display with your edible cookie dough and cut to the shape of your cake. Place your cake on top and ice it as you'd like.
- Slice and serve!