Cookie Dough Stuffed Croissant
A little sweet goes a long way when you're serving up croissants. That's why we decided to stuff them with cookie dough and enjoy the warm gooey goodness of our edible cookie dough. Please note you can make this much easier by buying premade croissant dough from your local store.
- 1 Pint of Rocket Chip Edible Cookie Dough
- 1-1/2 cups butter softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, beat you butter and flour until combined; spread into a 12x6-inch rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 14-in. square. Remove top sheet of waxed paper from butter; invert onto half of the dough. Remove waxed paper. Fold dough over butter; seal edges.
- Roll into a 20x12-in. rectangle. Fold into thirds. Repeat rolling and folding twice. (If butter softens, chill after folding.) Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 25x20-in. rectangle. Cut into 5-in. squares. Cut each square diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- At the base of your triangle add the desired amount of cookie dough and roll up triangles from the wide end; place 2 in. apart with point down on the baking sheet. Curve ends down to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush butter over the top of your croissant and sprinkle some cocoa powder. Serve warm.