Sugar Cookies with Cookie Dough Frosting
Here to bring you a recipe that mimics, or dare we say better... Than that store-bought, perfectly frosted, sugar cookie. This recipe will bring you the perfect sugar cookie along with the perfect topping.
- 4 cups all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shorting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
HOW TO BAKE:
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add your heavy cream and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add salt, baking powder, and baking soda followed by your flour. Add this 1 cup at a time.
- Mix until your dough comes together. Your dough should be soft, not sticky. If sticky, add more flour 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Cover and refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
Roll out your dough until 3/8 inches thick. Cut 3-inch circles and put on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the top is puffed and no longer shiny.
- 1 Pint Super Cluster Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
PREPARE YOUR FROSTING:
- Take 1 cup of your SuperCluster and place it into a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup for powdered sugar.
- Mix until incorporated. Add more powdered sugar as needed. You want it to be thick, yet spreadable.
Once your cookies are cool, you can add your frosting and enjoy.
This recipe is inspired by a recipe from The Cookie Dough Lover's Cook Book by Lindsay Landis.